Slideshow

About Me

PA, United States
For now, I work as a stay-at-home mom of three beautiful children (a boy who is 2, a girl who is 4, and a step-daughter who is 18 and currently attending American University, Go Alex!!) while trying desperately to finish my dissertation in sociology. My husband and I have been together for 10 wonderful years and he works as a software architect. While he helped me design this blog, he cannot be liable for its content. I decided to start blogging because: 1) Many of my mommy friends have blogs and I was tired feeling left out, 2) I needed a place to vent my frustrations about my graduate program and rave about my children and my husband, 3) a blog can keep our extended family (who live very far away) updated, and 4) as fellow mommy blogger once told me (thanks Patty), a blog is a historical record that can later be shared with your children.

Favorite Quotes

  • The phrase "working mother" is redundant. Jane Sellman
  • How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! Maya Angelou, African American poet
  • Be careful what you give children, for sooner or later you are sure to get it back. Barbara Kingsolver
  • The development of a tree depends on where it is planted. Edward Joyner, Yale Univ. School
  • We have been the benefactors of our cultural heritage and the victims of our cultural narrowness. Stanley Kripper, Psychologist
  • Being 'educated' means knowing how little I really know. Carol T Lloyd
  • Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage. Anais Nin
  • We don't see things as they are; we see them as we are. Anais Nin Diarist
  • We are continually faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as in insoluble problems. John W Gardner
  • Age is a high price to pay for maturity. Anon

My Reading List

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Girls Night Out

Last night I went out with my three sister-in-laws to Moriarty's in downtown Philly. Moriarty's is such a great little bar and an old hangout of my hubby and his sisters. I had an awesome time! I love being with my sister-in-laws. A little too many martini's though (right Olga?). It took me a good two days to recover. Next time we will have to make sure we count those drinks. I'm not as young as I use to be.

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design