Slideshow

About Me

PA, United States
For now, I work as a stay-at-home mom of three beautiful children (a boy who is 2, a girl who is 4, and a step-daughter who is 18 and currently attending American University, Go Alex!!) while trying desperately to finish my dissertation in sociology. My husband and I have been together for 10 wonderful years and he works as a software architect. While he helped me design this blog, he cannot be liable for its content. I decided to start blogging because: 1) Many of my mommy friends have blogs and I was tired feeling left out, 2) I needed a place to vent my frustrations about my graduate program and rave about my children and my husband, 3) a blog can keep our extended family (who live very far away) updated, and 4) as fellow mommy blogger once told me (thanks Patty), a blog is a historical record that can later be shared with your children.

Favorite Quotes

  • The phrase "working mother" is redundant. Jane Sellman
  • How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! Maya Angelou, African American poet
  • Be careful what you give children, for sooner or later you are sure to get it back. Barbara Kingsolver
  • The development of a tree depends on where it is planted. Edward Joyner, Yale Univ. School
  • We have been the benefactors of our cultural heritage and the victims of our cultural narrowness. Stanley Kripper, Psychologist
  • Being 'educated' means knowing how little I really know. Carol T Lloyd
  • Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage. Anais Nin
  • We don't see things as they are; we see them as we are. Anais Nin Diarist
  • We are continually faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as in insoluble problems. John W Gardner
  • Age is a high price to pay for maturity. Anon

My Reading List

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thanksgiving playdate

Here are some pictures from our Thanksgiving playdate.































We made turkey cupcakes!
















Armani is loving the camera in this picture. This is a very rare occurrence. He never, let me repeat NEVER, lets us take his picture. Maybe a new phase is on the horizon. Gosh, I hope so.
















For Thanksgiving day at mama and papa's house, Maya and I made this turkey out of fruit. We had a lot of fun doing it and it held up pretty good except for the one feather (pepper) that wilted.


















2 comments:

Big Blue Belief said...

These are great sweetie. The kids look like they are having a great time.

Sarah said...

You are so crafty! I love your fruit turkey..and the Thanksgiving playgroup. Viv STILL talks about making a turkey cupcakes at Maya's house. Then whoever is is talking to looks at me and questions..turkey cupcakes? like they were cupcakes make out of turkey. Now I will just show them the pic on your blog so they understand what we are talking about.

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design